Terms & Conditions
- A) The letting contract is made between the visitor and the owner of the property on receipt of deposit. Bath Holiday Homes Ltd act as agent for the owner of the property. In these conditions, the visitor is referred to as ‘you’ or ‘your’ and the owner of the property and Bath Holiday Homes Ltd as ‘we’ or ‘us’;
B) We make every effort to ensure that descriptions of property, on our website and in advertisments, and details of accommodation given are correct but we can accept no liability for any minor inaccuracy in the descriptions; we do not warrant that in booking these properties on your behalf, they will be in accordance with UK laws which includes health and safety and insurance.
C) We cannot accept liability for any injury, loss, damage suffered by you or any member of your party unless:
- There was wilful default by us or our employees or agents;
- Death or personal injury was caused by the negligence of us, our employees or agents.
- A) You acknowledge that this agreement confers on you the right to occupy the premises for the purposes of a holiday or short term temporary stay and is not being used as a permanent dwelling house;
B) You undertake to keep the property and all furniture and fittings and effects in the accommodation in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the beginning of the letting, allowing for reasonable wear and tear.
C) In the event of any breakages, damage or extra cleaning required after the Visitor has vacated, Bath Holiday Homes Ltd will notify the Visitor by e-mail within 1 week of vacating the premises advising the damages caused and any costs incurred. Bath Holiday Homes Ltd reserves the right to add a reasonable administration fee to cover the time incurred dealing with the damages.
D) The owner reserves the right of entry to the accommodation at all reasonable times with or without workmen, to inspect or repair the accommodation or its contents;
E) You accept that this letting may not be assigned by you and you undertake that only the agreed number of persons will occupy the property whose details you have disclosed on the booking form. It is your responsibility to choose a property that suits the requirements of your party. Occupancy levels of the property that you have chosen must be strictly adhered to.
- We take every care to ensure that your holiday accommodation is satisfactory but, in the event of any complaint, please take this up with Bath Holiday Homes Ltd or the owner immediately. Complaints cannot readily be resolved once you have left the property.
- All bookings must be accompanied by the requested deposit payment plus booking fee; the price charged at the time of booking will remain unchanged regardless of any occupancy reduction; balance of holiday rent should be paid at least 42 days (60 days for specific larger properties) before the beginning of the holiday as stated in the reservation confirmation. Failure to pay the balance will be treated as a cancellation on your part. In the event that a booking is made less than 42 days (60 days for specific larger properties) before the commencement of the rental, full payment, by cleared funds is required at the time of booking. We are pleased to accept the following forms of payment:
- Debit cards accepted (no transaction charge). Credit cards accepted (3% transaction charge applied).
- Bank Transfers – Pounds sterling (all charges to be paid by you). Bank details available upon request.
Arrival check in time, unless otherwise agreed, commences at 3 pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10:00 am on the day of departure. Failure to vacate all or part of the property by the requisite time will result in charges equivalent to the nightly rate of the property concerned for any immediate (changeover) subsequent booking. Arrivals later than 10pm are subject to a £30 charge.
- Keys will be issued to you upon arrival. Extra keys, if available, will be supplied upon request. In the event that keys are not returned upon departure from the property, or in the event of lost keys, a charge for the cost of the keys plus a £30 plus VAT admin fee will be made to you.
- Damage deposits are advised at the time of booking. Should damage costs arise it will be communicated to you within 2 weeks of your departure and the balance refunded accordingly. Should no extra charges arise, deposits will be refunded within 2 weeks of your departure.
- We reserve the right:
A) To refuse any reservation or booking which you make and if there is such a refusal we will return any money which you have paid;
B) To cancel any confirmed booking if circumstances relating to the property or its accommodation make this necessary. In the event of such a cancellation we will endeavour to offer you alternative accommodation in a similar property let by us or if you prefer, to return all money you have paid;
C) To ask you to leave the property and cancel any letting forthwith if:
- You or any member of your party behave in such a way as to cause damage to the property let to you or its furniture or contents, or
- If such behaviour causes noise, disrespect, nuisance or annoyance to the owner of any adjoining or neighbouring property whether let by us or not; If cancellation is made for either of these reasons, no refund will be made of any money you have paid.
- Bath Holiday Homes Ltd accepts no responsibility for any expenses incurred by the visitor if he/she fails to arrive at the holiday home at the pre-arranged time. In the unfortunate event that guests lock themselves out of any accommodation, a call out fee of £40 plus VAT may be charged. Should a guest be locked out of the property and need to gain entry between the hours of 6pm and 9am, Bath Holiday Homes Ltd reserves the right to charge a call out fee of £40 plus VAT before 10pm. Please note after 10pm the call out fee increases to £80 plus VAT
- Guests are advised to ensure their own insurance covers any loss or damage to personal property during their stay and to ensure adequate personal and travel insurance is taken.
- If you have to cancel your booking, you must notify us in writing at the earliest possible time. If you cancel your booking, we will make every reasonable effort to re-let the property you have booked. If we are able to re-let for the whole of the period of your booking, we will refund the money you have paid after deducting an administration fee of £50 for smaller properties and £100 for specific larger properties. If it is not possible to re-let the period booked then there will be no refund of any money you have paid. If part only of the period is re-let then a refund will be made in the proportion that the part re-let bears to the total period of your booking. The administration fee will be deducted from your proportionate refund. Guests should arrange their own cancellation insurance. David Upshall Insurance Services, contact number 01305 268883 are able to offer cancellation insurance
- It is the visitors responsibility to contact Bath Holiday Homes Ltd in the event of leaving behind personal belongings (lost property). Postage and packing costs relating to returning items is to be paid by the visitor in advance. Items unclaimed after 1 month will be donated to charity.
- Bath Holiday Homes Ltd, its Employees and Agents do not accept third party liability in respect of breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise. We cannot in any circumstances accept liability for any personal injury, loss of life, damage, loss or accident to personal property. For all claims other than relating to death or personal injury which result from the non performance or improper performance of this contract by us, the maximum amount of compensation payable by us to any person is limited to the total of the money you have paid divided by the number of persons in your party. We shall not be responsible for damages or compensation in circumstances which amount to force majeure. We are not responsible for the content, security or data policies of any linked websites connected and accessed via its website